This time of the year, would you rather been skiing on the slopes of Colorado or basking in the sun on a Caribbean Island?
Although it's been cold outside in Northeast Georgia,  I was able to bring some winter-y vibes to the mantle inside, while staying warm in the process.  My mantle recently got a makeover and I love how things look against the new distressed white color. 
You can read about my lunch hour makeover here.

Creating my winterscape was a lot easier then getting the kids all bundled up to go outside on a winter day, perhaps because they see dad wearing shorts in 27 degree weather. Yes, the crazy man in the shorts in the middle of winter is my husband.
I found these cute little balls at Pier One. One strongly resembles a snow ball, the other... well I kinda think it looks like a brillo pad or perfectly shaped steel wool. You think?
I picked up some branches from the yard and sprayed them with 'snow in a can'. I have never used that stuff, but surprisingly it looked like the real deal after it was dry.

Everyday my kids will ask if it is going to snow today. Perhaps I will just get cases of snow in the can, go to the front yard and spray that stuff until I have mounds of fluffy white 'pretend' snow.
I wonder if that would work?
And who knows, maybe if my husband saw snow in the front yard he might even put some pants on........
I just won't tell him it's not real.

Grateful for~
Kids going back to school today so I can clean the house with no interruptions.
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top