A certain  part of my garden is a lot like Wisteria Lane on Desperate Housewife's. Wild and crazy, out of control, and very colorful.
I am talking about my own Wisteria that is growing in my garden.
Wisteria is a fast growing plant which can get out of control very easily. It can grow up to 10 feet a year in zones 3-9, which is basically everywhere except Mexico, S.Florida,Hawaii and some parts of California.  My Wisteria  growing on this arbor, needs regular pruning/cutting on the bottom so that it doesn't wrap itself around surrounding plants.
 
Walk by the Wisteria this time of the year, and you will hear nothing but the sound of buzzing.
I told you wild and crazy- bee's doing their thing!
Wisteria is a very colorful plant/vine with beautiful shades of purple. It's lovely against the strong shades of green in the leaves.
Wisteria can be planted anytime and once established is not high maintenance ( unlike the other women on the lane) when it comes to soil or water. My Wisteria plant has been in this spot for 4 years .
When I am sitting  next to my Wisteria I can't help but take in all of the beauty that this plant has to offer both hanging on the vine and as cut flowers.
 
The cost of the plant is relatively cheap compared to the enormous amount of beauty you will get year after year and without all of the drama that you'll find on Wisteria Lane.
PS.If you are a Desperate Housewife fan then you know the street Wisteria Lane.But you many not know that the street located at Universal Studios Hollywood,  is actually named Colonial Street. 

Sharing my gardening tips with:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top